Tuesday 12 April 2011

Tutorial Tuesday - Pulling Stringer

I'm yet to have a go at making lampwork beads, mainly because I've used some of the best lampwork in the UK the world and I know I'd get very impatient with myself as my feeble efforts would be nothing like the beauties that Laura Sparling and Mindy MacGregor make! That doesn't mean, though, that I'm not fascinated by how the beads are made. I've mentioned Laura's tutorials and videos before now, and she posted a new one at the weekend. This one is on making stringer, the very fine threads of glass used to decorate the beads. Laura's stringer work is amazingly precise.



Laura has also posted the out-takes of the video on youtube. Go visit her blog at www.laurasparling.blogspot.com to see them - they're hilarious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails