Thursday 26 August 2010

Flower Power


I didn't do much crochet or knitting when the weather was hot, but friends having babies has definitely kick-started my yarn projects again. I've been working on a couple of baby blankets and a few baby clothes (you know me, I can't just have one project on the go!), and there's one I'm determined to finish before the weekend. It's a crochet flower blanket, and each individual motive is quick and easy. However, the published project used aran weight yarn which I think is far too thick for a baby blanket, and anyway, I find it hard to get a nice aran weight yarn in a good range of nice colours. So, I decided to use a soft but machine washable DK yarn. This means that the motives are about two thirds of the size of the aran ones, so I've had to make a lot more! Never mind, I'm nearly done. All of the flowers are crocheted and sewn together, and I've made a good start on the green leaves so the end is in sight, and as it's an easy pattern it's been one that I've been able to take on play dates sometimes and also do whilst catching up on CSI episodes!

For those of you who like to know these things, the pattern is called Bright Flower Throw and it can be found on the Lion Brand website here (you  have to sign up to search for and then see the full patterns but it's free) and the yarn is Sirdar Country Style DK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails