Monday 17 May 2010

Sssh.....don't tell anyone

.....but the sun's out!! Not that it's been raining all weekend, but it's just that everytime I hung some washing out or thought about cutting the grass it rained! Everything's drying out again now, thankfully, so maybe I'll get to cut the jungle we laughingly call a lawn this afternoon. I've given up trying to persaude T that the only job that he needs to do regularly in the garden is cut the grass. I've tried leaving it to grow long to try and shame him into doing it, but he just hasn't noticed!

It was B's preschool funday on Saturday, so Friday morning was spent baking icecream cone cupcakes!


I've been wanting to make these for ages, every since I saw them on Apryl's blog last year, and they were so easy to make! I used a normal sponge mix (4 eggs, 8oz SR flour, 8oz sugar, 8oz butter) rather than Apryl's recipe just because I know it so well, and filled the cones up two thirds. I made 3 dozen and took 30 of them down to school - and was rather chuffed that my first baking offering as a school mum sold out!

Right then, I'm off to set some more stones and take photos before the school run - back with photos later!

1 comment:

  1. These look fabulous, I am going to make these for L's next school cake sael, what a fab idea. Thank you so much for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails