Tuesday 18 May 2010

Chains and Stone Setting workshops

I've got two group workshops booked into the diary between now and the start of the school summer holidays, each using sterling silver and semi-precious stones.

Each workshop involves basic silversmithing techniques, including soldering. They are suitable for those with little or no previous experience, although a knowledge of how to turn eye loops is useful. If you haven't learnt how to make these simple wire connectors you can download my free tutorial, found here in the tutorial section of the website. Both workshops will be held at my home in Southampton.

Hammered Chains Workshop - Saturday 12th June 10am-4.30pm - £60This workshop will teach you how to make sterling silver chains that you will then use to create your own unique piece of jewellery. You will also be taught how to make your own findings such as head pins, earwires and clasps, and will use semi-precious and lampwork beads in your designs if you wish.
Refreshments are provided, as are all the materials, but please bring your own lunch. 6 places available.







Stone Setting Workshop - Saturday 3rd July 10am-4.30pm - £70
This workshop has been set up after numerous requests for a class teaching the basics of setting cabochons (flat backed stones). You will make a pendant from sterling silver set with a cabochon of your choice. Topics covered will include measuring and cutting the silver bezel, soldering, filing, sanding, designing and cutting a base plate for your stone, texturing sheet metal, fixing a bail and polishing as well as actually setting the stone.Refreshments are provided, as are all the materials, but please bring your own lunch. 6 places available.

For more information on both workshops and to book places please visit the website here

P.S. The amethyst pendant above is one of the pieces I finished today - I'm slowly working my way through  my shelf of unfinished pieces!

2 comments:

  1. I wished I lived nearer to Southampton, I'd love to take a class with you - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Amethyst pendant is gorgeous -has a retro vibe to it too (love it!)
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails