Tuesday 12 January 2010

Tutorial Tuesday - note book cover

A sewing machine was one of my Christmas presents this year (last year? Seems strange saying last year when it was only a couple of weeks ago!) I've been wanting a new sewing machine for ages to replace the electric one that my Grandma gave me when I was a teenager, and my parents and brother clubbed together to give me some money towards this beauty. And even better, my uncle has let me have my Grandma's beautiful Singer machine - one of the old ones with a wooden base and cover! I'm really excited as that's the machine both my Mum and I learnt to sew on, and I remember it as being so lovely to use. Of course, it's been sitting in my uncle's loft for the last dozen years, so once I collect it from my parents it's going to need a good service, but luckily there's a good place down the road that can do that for me. Now all I need to do is to find room to set them up - and find the time to use them! That's actually been the hardest part as although January has in the past been a quiet time for me I've been busy with lots of orders, lots of private tuition and lots of magazine work. Now don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not complaining that I'm busy, but I think I'll book an afternoon off soon and play with fabric rather than sheet metal!


I've certainly got plenty of projects lined up for when I've built up my sewing confidence again, and the notebook cover above is one of them. I like having lots of notebooks around as I never know when I'm going to need to sketch an idea out or add yet another item to my 'must do' list, but they can get rather battered in my bag so, a cover should help. Perfect for last minute presents too! You can find the instructions at moonstitches. Right then, I'm off to polish some new designs and orders, take photos, wrap up parcel, oh yes, and cook tea for my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails