Tuesday 5 January 2010

Tutorial Tuesday - November Sweater

This is my current knitting project - well, one of them, anyway, and I'm loving knitting it so much that I thought I'd share it with you.


This is Meghan's original - mine is below!


It's called November Sweater and is designed by Meghan and is available free on her blog Allergic to Wool. It's her first official written up pattern, and as far as I'm concerned it's a great success - lovely lace pattern, very little seaming to do afterwards and a quick knit, which is definitely what I need at this time of year! I started a couple of days before Christmas, and even though I haven't had a great deal of knitting time this holiday I'm already two-thirds through the second side. There are only two pieces as it's knitted side-to-side.

I'm using Patons Smoothie acrylic DK yarn that just called to me as the colour is gorgeous. I haven't bought an acrylic yarn for ages for anything apart for baby knits that I know will be machine washing alot, but I'm really pleased with this one. Meghan however used DK yarn that she recycled from a charity shop sweater - one of my aims this year is to see what yarn I can reclaim from charity shops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails